Healum invites expressions of interest from any practices in South London that want to enable their staff members to collaboratively provide self management support to patients identified at risk of CVD through the Healum software and app. Healum has secured central NHS funding for 30 practices in South London to use its product for 1 year.
Who is Healum?
Healum is a company that provides software, systems and connected patient facing apps. Their products are interoperable with EMIS and they are designed for staff working in GP Practices that want to work together to empower patients at risk of CVD to take responsibility for making healthy choices and learning about their health.
What will be the benefits for your practice?
Healthcare professionals who are using Healum’s care planning software and connected mobile app, will benefit from the ability to reduce the pressure on their workforce, empower their patients and improve health outcomes by sharing relevant educational content as part of a collaboratively created care-plan with patients that are identified at risk of CVD.
What will your practice be able to use the Healum’s software and app for?
- Quickly assemble educational videos, articles, recipes, daily actions and community based services to patients at risk of CVD in less than a minute that they can access on the Healum mobile app
- Enable different staff members to collaboratively create personalised plans of care and support for patients.
- Upload and manage a content and local services directory database from your practice, the local council and trusted sources such as NHS choices that can be shared at the click of a button
- Provide patients with useful resources and plans following any NHS health check.
- View patients tracking of their health, their daily habits and their engagement with any of the educational material and content in the mobile app
- Provide personalised print outs for patients at risk of CVD that don’t want an app but do want a place to start when being more healthy
What has been the evidence so far?
Randomised control trials conducted in Cheshire have found that Healum has been shown to improve HbA1c in patients with Type 2 Diabetes by 9% compared to a 2% in the control group receiving normal care.
Service evaluations across the country have shown improvements in quality of life and patient engagement.
What happens next if you are interested?
The team at Healum will train any relevant team members in your practice and will upload any content that you want in the software. The team at Healum will help chosen practices to make the most of the Healum software and patient facing app, and will tailor the product for what each practice needs. Real-world results and feedback will be shared as examples of best practice in using digital solutions to manage and prevent CVD, and Healum will invite chosen practices to be part of its research consortium that has been successful in attracting over £2m in funding to date for evaluating technologies in primary care.
If you would like to register your interest just click the button below or email [email protected] with the title “Interested in Healum self care solutions for CVD” and they will respond back. Healum intends to hold a series of meetings for interested practices throughout February and March and will make final selection by the end of March.